Now you can download YouTube Videos in their original format i.e the format in which they were uploaded on YouTube. When you upload any video to YouTube, it is transcoded automatically and then posted in your videos. Google Takeout has been updated with an option to download YouTube Videos.
Either you can choose to download all of your Google data like +1, circles, contacts, drive, picasa web album, profile, stream and youtube or you can select to download only YouTube Videos
How To Download YouTube Videos In Original Format using Google Takeout
- Log into Google Takeout using your Google account
- Choose ‘YouTube‘ service. You can also go directly to Google Takeout for YouTube. It will take some time to analyze the data associated with your Youtube account.
- Click ‘Create Archive‘. You will receive an email once your archive is ready to be downloaded
See Also : How to Download Google Plus Data
Advantages of using Google Takeout to download YouTube videos
- Videos are downloaded in original format in which they were uploaded
- No Transcoding
- Little Manual Effort. Just request the takeout and when archive is complete, you can download it.
- Due to large amount of video data if archiving takes long time, you can request to receive an email once archiving is finished.
Disadvantages of using Google Takeout to download YouTube videos
- Cannot download individual videos
- Large no. of videos can take very long time to get archived
So if you ever want to download all your YouTube videos , Google Takeout can help you to do that in just few clicks. One more thing to note is that Google Takeout can’t be used to download videos which are not associated to your account.