Kindle PaperWhite is here with a price tag of $119 and touted as World’s most advanced e-reader with higher resolution, higher contrast touchscreen , built-in light , 8-week battery life and parental controls. Here is the complete guide which will explain everything you want to know about the Kindle Paperwhite before deciding to buy.
Lets leave the Kindle Launch aside and see the features of Kindle PaperWhite:
Thinner than a pencil. 6.7″ x 4.6″ x 0.36″ (169 mm x 117 mm x 9.1 mm)
Lighter than paperback, weighs only 7.5 ounces ( 213 grams)
Inbuilt Storage of 2GB
Out of 2GB, 1.25 GB is available for storing user content and can store upto 1100 books
Far better Resolution
PaperWhite has 62% more pixels for unsurpassed resolution
- A single charge lasts up to eight weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 10. Kindle’s power management technology allows you to leave the light on at all times for the best possible contrast without sacrificing battery life. 8-week battery life, even with the light on.
- Very Power Efficient, as Kindle Paperwhite uses low-power LEDs, requiring very little power to evenly illuminate the entire screen.
- Takes 4 hours to charge via USB cable. You can also used supported USB chargers.
25% better contrast for sharp, dark text. Words are clear even in brightest sunlight , No glare.
Built in Light
- Paperwhite guides light towards the display from above instead of projecting it out at your eyes like back-lit displays, thereby reducing screen fatigue. Reading at night becomes easier and without disturbing others.
- Patented Technology – Unlike a backlit tablet display, Kindle Paperwhite guides light towards the surface of the e-ink display from above so that the light never shines directly towards your eyes, allowing you to read comfortably without eye strain.
- Enjoy reading with exceptional lighting uniformity and evenly balanced whiteness across the entire display.
- New hand-tuned fonts – 6 font styles, 8 adjustable sizes.
- Fonts to Choose From – Baskerville, Caecilia, Caecilia Condensed, Publisher Font, Futura, Helvetica, Palatino
Choose Line Spacing and Margins
You can also set your preferred Line Spacing and Margins.
Add Notes, Bookmarks and Annotations
Want to take a note, just do it on your Kindle and then later export them. You can also edit and delete your notes. Text Highlight feature is still present in newer Kindle and can be disabled if required.
Share Notes on Facebook and Twitter
Notes, Highlightes Section can be shared on Facebook and Twitter once you connect those accounts.
You can adjust the brightness of Kindle Paperwhite across a wide spectrum – from low light to full brightness – so you can read comfortably in any setting.
Shows Time to Read
Show time left in finishing a chapter, e.g. 13 minutes left in reading the chapter. It uses your reading speed to determine the time left. This intelligent feature can help you decide when to take a break from reading.
Touch to Flip Page
No swipe or no need to use 2 hands. Just a single touch and move to next or previous page.
- Borrow Books for free using Amazon Prime
- Borrow Books from Library
- Borrow Books from Friends
No Worry for Parents with Parental Controls
Supports children’s books and includes new parental controls. You can restrict access to Kindle Store, Cloud and Experimental web browser.
Built in Dictionary
Includes The New Oxford American Dictionary to quickly look up meaning of any word. You can also add other preferred dictionary.
Bing Translator is used to translate a Word or Highlighted sections into other languages like Spanish , Japanese and others.
Send Personal Documents to Kindle
You can use Send to Kindle feature to send your documents to Kindle and read them on the go. Just email your personal documents.
Huge resource of books and magazines
- Holds up to 1,100 books – take your library wherever you go
- 180,000 Kindle-exclusive titles that you won’t find anywhere else
- Massive book selection. Lowest prices. Over a million titles less than $9.99
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library – with Amazon Prime, Kindle owners can choose from more than 180,000 books to borrow for free with no due dates, including over 100 current and former New York Times best sellers and all 7 Harry Potter book
Content Formats Supported
Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion
Books Synchornized across all Kindle Readers
Books automatically synchronized with cloud and all other devices using Whispersync technology. If you are reading an article on your Kindle Paperwhite, you can switch to cloud reader or use kindle apps on your mobile and start reading from where you left on your Kindle.
Search Wikipedia and Web
Play Kindle Games
Enjoy specially designed games for Kindle
Download anywhere and faster
- Built-in Wi-Fi lets you download books in under 60 seconds
- Kindle Paperwhite 3G lets you download even without Wi-Fi
- Kindle Paperwhite 3G works in over 100 countries , no plans, no contracts , no monthly fee
Especially designed cover for Kindle Paperback. With external leather, nylon interior and magnetic clasp, cover is very thin and easy to handle. Cover also has feature to send your kindle to sleep when closed and wake it up once it’s uncovered.
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Availability
Kindle Paperwhite is available in two variants in two categories:
- Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi for $119 (With Special Offers)
- Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi for $139 (Without Special Offers)
- Kindle Paperwhite 3G+Wi-Fi for $179 (With Special Offers)
- Kindle Paperwhite 3G+Wi-Fi for $199 (Without Special Offers)
When you buy Kindle Paperwhite with special offers, you’ll receive special offers and sponsored screensavers directly on your Kindle Paperwhite. Examples of past special offers include:
- $10 for a $20 Amazon.com Gift Card
- Save up to $500 on select HDTVs
- $1 for a Kindle book, choose from thousands
Demand for Kindle Paperwhite is unprecedented. You can pre-order Kindle Paperwhite now to reach you by Oct 1st, 2012.