Today one of the Googler ‘Roshni Malani’ announced on Google+ that now Google+ Event notifications will start appearing in Gmail and users will be able to respond to Event invites. As an invitee you can also upload photos , comment and respond to comments on the event page, invite friends and all this can be done while you are in your Gmail Inbox, without opening Google+.
Google+ Event notifications appearing in the Gmail will let you RSVP to the Event and you can also check your Google Calendar before responding to the invite. Google+ notifications were already appearing in your Gmail and now integration of Google+ Event is a very good move by Google.
- Event notification email will have g+ icon in the inbox which makes it easy to identify
- View the list of invitees : Click on the post visibility option to see the audience of the Event e.g. ‘Limited’ or ‘Public’
- RSVP to the Event: Choose between ‘Yes’ , ‘Maybe’, ‘No’
- Check your Google Calendar: Click on ‘Check my Calendar’ link below the Google+ Event invite
- Recommend the Google+ Event by clicking +1 button
- Comment on the Google+ Event right within Gmail
- Upload photos
Google is one of the first companies to try such interactive features in the email.
Related Tip: Guide to Google+ Events
Disable Google+ Event Notifications in Gmail
If you don’t want to receive these notification emails in your Gmail account and prefer to do all the Google+ Event related activities in Google+, then you can disable the Google+ Event notifications in Google+ Settings here.
By default above settings are enabled and you can un-check the options to disable the Google+ Event notifications.