iOS 5.1 upgrade is here and some of you who’ve upgraded to iOS 5.1 might have observed that FaceTime does not work since then. Many of suggested solutions as simple as restarting your iPad or iPhone. Let me tell you that the solution is not as simple. However, the good news is that the solution,which works is also equally easy!
There have been several iOS 5.1 FaceTime issues reported, some of which are mentioned below:
- Message “xxx – is busy at this time” even when the person you’re calling is not busy at all. At the same time the receiver sees your FaceTime come in and drop.
- Message “FaceTime Failed – xxx is not available for FaceTime”
- It just keeps ringing when a FaceTime call is attempted.
Here’s a solution for your iOS 5.1 FaceTime issue.
- Go to Settings -> Phone and turn Facetime to OFF. Turn if back ON again.
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset all Settings
- Restart the iPad or iPhone.
You will have to reconnect to the wireless because you just reset all settings. Facetime will start to work seamless immediately after.
Let us know if it worked or not.