With the rise of smartphones varying from iPhones to Android phones, app market has grown at a very faster rate. There are thousands of apps in Google Play (formerly Android Marketplace) which are ready to be downloaded. Many of these apps are free to download and install but with it comes the risk of using those apps. Before your download any app on your phone you should always keep below points in mind.
- Always use app from trusted sites like Android Market/Google Play. Apps downloaded from any other site may be a spyware or virus which could impact your phone performance and steal information from your phone.
- Make sure to check the app rating and read comments in the Android Market. This will give you an idea of the overall feel of the app and would help you decide whether you should download the app or not.
- If you feel the app is not safe , it’s better not to download it.
- Monitor the apps that you download as they may have negative impact on your Droid’s performance. All the apps use memory and processing power of the phone and few apps can consume huge resources of your phone. If you feel that your smartphone’s performance has gone down after installation of a particular app, go ahead and uninstall it.
- You should also monitor children’s access to apps and few apps may contain age restricted material and not suitable for kids.
- Don’t blindly trust medical or health related apps as they may have inaccurate information. Any exercise or training you plan to perform based on an app should be discussed with your doctor. Don’t take any chances with your personal health.