If you do not enjoy gaming, it is likely you do not have the best sound quality available to immerse yourself in a game. Sound makes all the difference. It’s a pretty great experience… right until your phone rings. Who cares when your phone rings when you’re playing a game? Even if you heard your phone ring, you are far too occupied to pick the phone up and answer it.
Turtle Beach has come up with a solution to all these problems: Turtle Beach XP400 headphones.
Turtle Beach XP400 Review
Like most of the headphones made by Turtle Beach, the XP400s are big. The headphones have nearly an inch of padding all the way around and the top band has a cushion half as thick. The headphones are not entirely noise isolating, but putting them on mutes the outside world pretty well, even before the audio starts. The buttons across the headphones are big, making it easy for you to run your hand across the panel and make sure you are hitting the right button. The microphone can be removed entirely if it is not being used, and rotated or flexed out of the way whenever needed.
Overview of Turtle Beach XP400:
Turtle Beach XP400 is a premium wireless gaming headset featuring Dolby® surround sound and wireless Xbox LIVE® chat for a totally immersive experience. The XP400 features a state-of-the-art 2.4/5Ghz dual-band Wi-Fi radio that virtually eliminates wireless interference with other devices. Its dual-pairing Bluetooth® technology lets you chat wirelessly on Xbox 360® or PS3™ and answer mobile phone calls – all while gaming in amazing 360 degree wireless surround sound.
Powered by a rechargeable battery, the XP400 provides up to 15 hours of play and the ability to recharge while gaming so you’ll never miss out on the action. The XP400 also comes equipped with multiple EQ presets and adjustable surround sound angles, allowing you to customize the audio for different gaming scenarios. Massive 50mm speakers with acoustically tuned ear cups and breathable mesh ear cushions deliver the ultimate in audio fidelity and extreme comfort. If you’re serious about gaming, then get serious about the sound. Step up to the XP400 and experience game audio like never before.
Turtle beach XP400 Features
- Dolby Digital® Surround Sound – Immersive 360 degree audio lets you pinpoint the direction of every sound.
- 2.4/5 GHZ Dual-Band Wi-Fi – Selects the optimum frequency in the 2.4 GHz/5 Ghz spectrums, virtually eliminating wireless network interference.
- Adjustable Surround Sound Angles
- Dual-PairingBluetooth® – Answer mobile phone calls while gaming.
- Rechargeable Battery – Up to 15 hours of uninterrupted gameplay and can be recharged while gaming.
- Wireless XBOX Live and PSN™ Chat – Enjoy complete wireless freedom without the need for chat cables.
- Dynamic Chat Boost – Chat volume automatically increases as the game volume gets louder.
- Equalizer (EQ) Presets – Allows for personalized balancing of game and chat audio.
- Ear Guard™ with Blast Limiter – Limit the intensity of deafening game sounds like gunfire and explosions.
- Variable Microphone Monitor – Adjust the level of your voice heard in the headset, so you won’t have to shout.
- Independent Volume Controls – Allows for personalized balancing of game and chat audio.
- Digital Optical Connection – Delivers the highest quality of digital surround sound.
I found that the battery on the XP400 headphones would normally last through about 20-25 hours of continuous use before needing to be recharged (much more than what is advertised). The headphones take about 2 hours to charge completely and Turtle Beach has made sure that the headphones can still be used while charging.
The audio quality is just awesome on the XP400 headphones. It works equally great when listening to music or enjoying music. The headphones are not bass heavy, but instead rely on a clearly defined middle range to produce most of its sounds. The headphones are also not noise cancelling, but they do a terrific job of making sure whatever you are listening to stayed inside the headphones. The headphones did a much better job than most at minimizing audio leak. Only with the volume completely maxed out on the headphones was someone else able to clearly hear what I was doing when the headphones were securely on my head. Especially for late night gaming, this is a fantastic feature to have.
Turtle Beach has made a great pair of headphones that are able to suit a wide variety of users. For $182, there are very few alternatives that offer as many features as these headphones at the same quality. Great buy!
Where to Buy Turtle Beach XP400