After Facebook’s F8 Conference which held in September, Facebook launched the Timeline feature for profiles and also added subscribe feature few days before that. Now moving from Facebook Profile to Pages, firstly it added translate feature and now it has upgraded the Insights for Facebook Pages. Facebook Insights provides Facebook Page owners and Facebook Platform developers with metrics around their content. By understanding and analyzing trends within user growth and demographics, consumption of content, and creation of content, Page owners and Platform developers are better equipped to improve their business with Facebook.
As a Facebook Page Admin, when you go to your managed Page, then you might see the announcement from Facebook about the improvements it has made to the Insight. “Improvements to Insights: You’ll now see a new public metric called People Talking About This underneath your fan count to show the number of people on Facebook who have engaged with your page in the last 7 days. Learn more in your Page Insights”
Facebook Insight of a page now has 3 different sections i.e. Fans, Reach & Talking about this. Here is a brief description of each section
- Fans – shows about the demographics & location of a your Page Fans like Gender and Age, Country, Languages & Where your new likes came from.
- Reach – This sections shows the age group, country, city & language of the people who have interacted with your page.
- Talking about this – It is a new feature and shows the count of users who have engaged with your Page in last 7 days.
“People Talking About This”, indicates how many people are actually talking about your business to their friends. This metric includes everyone who:
- Liked your Page
- Liked, commented on, or shared your Page post
- Answered a Question you’ve asked
- Responded to your event
- Mentioned your Page
- Tagged your Page in a photo
- Checked in or recommended your Place
Page owners can use these new insight updates to understand the performance of your page, learn which content resonates with your audience and optimize how you publish to your audience so that people will tell their friends about you. Download complete guide for new Facebook Insights here.