You may have a need to transfer your Google Analytics acccount to another person or entity because you sold your website or you are transferring your responsibility to someone else. Whatever may be the case, the steps to transfer your Google Analytics account are the pretty much similar.
You need to be cautious when you’re doing so because one mistake can cost you precious historical data.
Here in 4 simple steps, I’ll show you how to transfer your Google Analytics account to someone else:
- Login to your Google Analytics account.
- Click on the Admin link.
- Click User Management under Account.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and provide the email address you’d like to transfer Google Analytics ownership to under “Add permissions for”.
- Provide permissions – Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate, Read & Analyze.
- Hit Add
- Repeat the process for all the Accounts you’d like to transfer ownership for.
- Login with the new account to verify you’re able to see all the current and historical data.
- Go back to old account and navigate to each account – user management.
- Click the delete link for the users you don’t need any more.
That’s it. Your Google Analytics ownership is transferred!